Dr. James Dolezal
Visiting Professor of Theology
Dr. James Dolezal is a California native and serves as Assistant Professor of Theology in the School of Divinity at Cairn University in Langhorne, PA. He is a graduate of The Master’s College, (B.A., M.A.), The Master’s Seminary (M.Div.), and Westminster Theological Seminary (Th.M., Ph.D.). Prior to undertaking PhD studies at Westminster, James pastored in Lethbridge, Alberta. He is the author of God without Parts: Divine Simplicity and the Metaphysics of God’s Absoluteness and All That Is in God: Evangelical Theology and the Challenge of Classical Christian Theism. He and his wife Courtney live with their three children in Warminster, PA.
- B.A., The Master’s College
- M.A., The Master’s College
- M.Div., The Master’s Seminary
- Th.M., Westminster Theological Seminary
- Ph.D., Westminster Theological Seminary
- God without Parts: Divine Simplicity and the Metaphysics of God’s Absoluteness (Pickwick Publications, 2011)
- All That Is in God: Evangelical Theology and the Challenge of Classical Christian Theism (Reformation Heritage Books, 2017)
- “A Practical Scholasticism? Edward Leigh’s Theological Method,” in Ronald S. Baines, et al, eds., By Common Confession: Essays in Honor of James M. Renihan (RBAP, 2015)
- “Strong Impassibility,” in Robert Matz and Chad Thornhill, eds., Divine Impassibility: Four Views (IVP Academic, forthcoming)
Articles and Reviews
Dr. Dolezal has published articles and reviews in a number of journals, including: The Confessional Presbyterian, Heythrop Journal, International Journal of Systematic Theology, Journal of Modern Ministry, Journal of Reformed Theology, Journal of the Institute of Reformed Baptist Studies, Puritan Reformed Journal, Pro Ecclesia, Reformed Baptist Theological Review, Scottish Bulletin of Evangelical Theology, Scottish Journal of Theology, Themelios, Theological Studies, and Westminster Theological Journal.